The political atmosphere in Kenya is rising high day by day as the country moves towards a general elections. President Uhuru Kenyatta term ends in August next year where Kenyans will again be expected to vote in a leader that will steer the country for yet another five years. But voting in Kenya always depends on very many different dynamics, situations and equally pegged on tribal lines.
The social media also plays a vital role in ensuring that ones political agenda and philosophies reaches a larger audience within the shortest time. Leaders have invested so much on bloggers and media influencers to ensure their target is achieved. In a recent survey done by Wanjiku Report, the following names topped;
1. Deputy President William Ruto at 5.4 million followers.
2. Raila Odinga at 4.5 million followers
3. Mike Mbuvi Sonko at 4.1 million
4. Hassan Joho at 3.2 million
5. Miguna Miguna at 3.1 million followers
6. Kipchumba Murkomen at 1.9 million
7. Charles Njagua aka Jaguar at 1.9 million followers
8. Alfred Mutua at 1.6 million
9. Matha Karua at 1.6 million
10. Kalonzo Musyoka at 1.3 million followers