PayPal is an online money transfer platform that allows ease of transacting globally with reduced restrictions on currency differences.
Further, the platform allows users to make withdrawal and top-up transactions to other platforms of which Safaricom’s M-PESA is recognized.
Link a new PayPal account to M-PESA
- Create an account with PayPal giving the required information and following guidelines, if you do not have one.
- Sign in to your account and enter your registered M-pesa phone number.
- Read the terms and conditions to understand the terms of engagement and consent you would be giving and then accept.
- A confirmation code of four digits will be sent to the phone number provided to verify the connection of the two accounts online.
- You can then proceed to make deposits or withdrawals between your two accounts.
Link an existing PayPal account to M-PESA
- Sign in to your browser inputting the email primarily connected to the online platform and sign in.
- A confirmation code of four digits is automatically sent to the mobile number provided.
- Use the code online to initiate and complete account linking.
Once the linking is complete notified by email and text message, the user can send money to M-PESA from PayPal to M-PESA at a 3% withdrawal charge with amounts limited by M-PESA ranges.
A 4% service charge is applied for funds sent from M-PESA to payPal with amounts limited by M-PESA ranges.